Saturday, January 24, 2009

Swimmers


Steve sent me an e-mail this week that he received at work. Ball State was

offering a beginning swim class for toddlers! He thought it would be a fun date for him and Madeline! *Segue - can I just say how much I LOVE that he didn't forward it to me and say "This would be great for YOU to do with Madeline" !!!! He found it and wanted my opinion on HIS taking her to do it together. What a man!*

So today was their first class. I got the bag all packed with her swim diapers and suit and a change of clothes and a snack etc... and took this picture before they walked out the door. I think she's saying, "Mom do I REALLY need all this stuff??" Nonetheless...

I was excited at the prospect of being home alone for a while to get some things done around the house and just to have a nice quiet home in which to do it! I got to sleep in (though, I get to do that every weekend because my awesome husband gets up with Madeline Saturdays and Sundays) and have breakfast in bed, and - after kissing my baby and husband goodbye - got lots of stuff done!

But then I felt left out. The entire time they were gone I kept wondering what they were doing, if Madeline liked the water, if I remembered to pack everything for them, what she was going to remember about the class.... I felt so......left out....... Talk about having your cake and eating it too! Here I have a many wanting to invest good quality time with his daughter, and all the sudden I feel out of the loop! I guess being at home, you are used to being 90-100% involved in all things. It's probably good for BOTH of us that he's the leader on this...though he did coax me into taking her next week while he's out of town. Yum - big maternity mama in the water....

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What fun daddy/daughter time! I love when the dads come up with the ideas and then do them themselves (vs. just suggesting). It's nice to have a break!

But I also agree with you. After an hour or so, I actually kind of get bored :) You needed to be able to relax though and I hope you were able to get some Erin time!

And you in a maternity suit will be HOT! Never doubt the hot mama you are.

Emily said...

So how did it go? I bet she did well, but she can be kind of shy. Did she take to the water ok?

How FUN for her and Steve to have a special time together every week doing something that is so interesting!