Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Half n Half









Well it is official that two of the four bedrooms in our house are now children's rooms. Crazy. I picked out an "Alice in Wonderland" theme for Madeline's nursery as soon as we found out it was a girl. Steve was totally game as neither of us are really "Nursery in a Bag" type of people. (Not that there's anything wrong with that at ALL - if there had been an Alice in Wonderland nursery set I totally would have bought it!) I just like things different. So with his painting talent and my mom's recent discovery of ebay, we put together a pretty unique nursery.




When baby2 decided to make an appearance in our lives, we now had to figure out another nursery theme. When we found out it was a boy we discussed all kinds of different options. Charlie and the Chocolate factory, Planets, and the Chicago Stock Market. (Hmmm whose idea was that last one?) We finally agreed on a Pirate Ship room after finding some pretty cool ideas on the internet.








We had a blank canvas to work with as most of the house is either beige or white. This particular room however was my "ebay room." So the challenge was more getting it clean. But I took it little by little, marked down my prices on ebay, and made myself purge a lot of the rest. All of the furniture in the room went down the lakehouse on Monday, so we have a nice clean room!





Steve and I found the design we liked best online and he went to work. Since it actually takes some artistic ability that immediatley ruled out my ability to help at all. I got the dropclothes moved around and did lots of taping and then cheered him on. I did try my hand at making some treasure maps that we're going to hang on the wall - and that too was a bit harder than I thought!







So above are the pictures of the room before... since Blogger is still in the stone age and loads all the pictures backwards, the NEXT post shows our progress so far.


















3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought that was your ebay room! WOW--looks totally different now! :) Good job!

Anonymous said...

I always said you'd be a starving artist someday! Of course, you'd be starving because you have no artistic talent - but looks like your husband got an extra dose! Very cool Erin and very creative!

Kels

Emily said...

Can't wait to see the finished product (baby AND room hehe)!