Thursday, January 29, 2009

The government that governs best...

I had to call the IRS this morning which was exactly as painful and inept as you would imagine it would be.

Madda is OBSESSED with talking to anyone on the phone that she possibly can. Gramma, Daddy, Mommy's friends have all indulged her by talking to her on the phone. The other day I told her I was talking to the doctor and she couldn't talk to him. So every time I pick up the phone she says "Talk to doctor? Talk to doctor!"

Today she was whining at the top of her lungs to talk on the phone when I was trying to talk. I finally got frustrated and said "Madeline I am talking to the government NOT THE DOCTOR!"

She got quiet and then said sheepishly, "Talk to goberment?"

3 comments:

Alina Klein said...

Lol, that's awesome. You should have put her on the phone and had her take care of "bidness".

Leslie said...

The goberment? That's adorable! But if it didn't go your way, I would just have her talk to them for! Get things taken care of! Who can mess with an adorable 2 year old?

Emily said...

Leslie's right. They don't give you your refund and you just put her on! "Refund? Refund? You give Mommy refund?