Monday, January 5, 2009

Oh yeah....

I was reminded over New Year's that I need to make sure to update my BLOGS about baby stuff. I guess I just assume that everyone who reads my blogs either knows me/sees me on a regular basis or is friends with me on facebook and gets all of their gossip there. But I guess that isn't the case. So let me bring you up to speed.

1) I am pregnant again (20 weeks to be exact)
2) I am having a little boy

I can't believe I am at the "halfway" point already. This pregnancy has seemed to have flown by. I can feel the baby's movements well now, and Steve has been able to feel them a few times too! I have only gained 7 pounds, but have come to the conclusion that I must look "obviously" pregnant because at church yesterday someone I don't know all that well just walked up to me and said "CONGRATULATIONS!" So - that's that. I guess I just have to accept it at this point.

I am feeling well. My doctor is very happy with my weight and blood pressure. It's been a very different pregnancy than Madeline's (a LOT more sick and tailbone pain so badly that I'm almost in tears every night now) but similar in where I am gaining the weight. No stretch marks yet, but I know this dry heat in the house isn't going to help that situation so I need to invest in some good moisturizer! Then again, I didn't think I got any with Madeline but Steve so kindly pointed out the ONE I got that I couldn't see. Thanks Sweetie!!

I am starting to feel the nesting coming on strong now. I am desperate to get the new nursery cleaned out. (It's being used for storage) It's about 70% there... We have the theme picked out (Pirate Ship) and even bought the paint. So it's just about me getting my act together to get the rest of the junk in proper homes. (read: Goodwill)

Baby boy doesn't have all that many clothes yet, but between the Grammas and an excited husband I think that will be covered by the time he gets here. Though I should probably invest in at least one Tonka...

2 comments:

Abby said...

Congratulations. Are you trying to make me feel bad about my 23 lb weight gain (so far:)? You are one of those cute pregnant people aren't you? Ick. I wonder if your baby brother will look like Beau- I always think he and Madda look alike- white baby blond hair and all :) I hope your pregnancy is quick and painless.

Alina Klein said...

I can't believe you're already so far! It's flying by! For me anyway. ;)