Thursday, March 6, 2008

My toys bring all the boys to the (play) yard!

So, Mommy thinks Madeline needs some new toys. She didn't get that many toys for Christmas so she is SUPER bored with her toys and ends up playing with batteries and wooden spoons all day. Poor baby! :( Daddy however, thinks Madeline has plenty of toys. However, Daddy isn't home with a bored baby all day! Plus. I just put away tons of her "baby" toys and now she has even fewer than ever!

Here are some of the toys I want to get her. What other good ideas do you have for new toys?

Play Kitchen: I like this one because it looks "real" like what she's used to seeing Mommy use.
But I love this retro kitchen too. (However, it's obscenely expensive.) I couldn't feel good about spending that much money on ONE toy!

Dr. Set: I happen to think that if we "play" doctor, then maybe she won't scream at the doctor's office so much! I like this one because I also want to get her a baby doll.

Outdoor Table: Hopefully we'll be eating lots of meals out under the new Pergola so here Madda can enjoy it with us! Ok, not a toy.....

I'd like to get her a Mr Potato Head because she LOVES putting little things in holes. Go figure! And perhaps these blocks and this vaccuum but I've decided that she can't have a Dyson until Mommy does! lol!

So what are some other toys we should think about/ talk Daddy into buying?

Oh, aren't you impressed with my hyperlinking? Go me!

3 comments:

Abby said...

I think a little plastic kitchen is fine -not as cute but fine... then you can use the money you save to get a little grocery cart and tons of food. hours of entertainment! I just bought beau another piano at target- this time of year we are all desperate to keep them busy. It will be so nice when we can go outside.It was nice to meet you at Steph's party.

Madeline Alexa & Lauren Wells said...

Good choices! I want the same table, I love that it has an umbrella. Happy Shopping!

Emily said...

I JUST bought that picnic table from a lady on Craig's List this week for $40. Good find for a poolside treat! I'll have to have a pool playdate this summer at some point. In terms of toys, Gabby loves her electronic keyboard, play food with shopping cart, LITTLE PEOPLE (huge hit in our house), MegaBloks (just bought them, but she seems to like so far), cardboard bricks (also huge hit--bought at Lillian Vernon online for CHEAP prices), coloring books and crayons (regular crayons and twistables by Crayola), and puzzles. Good luck!