Monday, March 24, 2008

In One Basket

Madeline and I joined Daddy on Thursday for the Ball State Egg Hunt! It was Madeline's first egg hunt so we were very excited! Chillin' with Garfield

Getting the hang of it...


Checking out her loot!




Ready to go home!


It was a cute event that was *supposed* to be broken up by age. (e.g. she would only have been hunting eggs with children from 1-2 years old.) That didn't happen and it made me feel my first ever bit of real "mom anger." I was like "WHO LET THE SIX YEAR OLDS IN?" I didn't yell that, though I wanted to. I wanted my little girl to have a fun and safe time at her first hunt, not be mowed over by big kids. There was one point when she and Steve were walking toward an egg and a big kig came in and swooped it up. You can hear me on the video saying, "Look Madeline! Here is an egg!" Then in comes the kid swiping it and I say, "Oh never mind, that kid just stole it from you."
Oh no! I am turning into one of *those* parents!! ;)
Nonetheless, I think she had a good time. She enjoyed 2 more egg hunts over the weekend with each set of Grandparents!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute Erin!!

Kels

Emily said...

Lucky duck! We didn't get to do any egg hunts since Gabby was kind of under the weather. Madda looks like she had a good time and managed to get a few eggs from the big kids!