Monday, October 22, 2007

Why does everything have to be so complicated!!

Last night Steve and I came to a crossroads in our relationship. Installing a new carseat. Madeline had far outgrown her baby one and it was time to install the new one. How hard can it be right?

2 college degrees, some graduate school, and an hour later we're tired, sweaty, and angry at each other.

Ok so I'm exaggerating a bit....but not that much. No WONDER fire departments want to do this for you. Putting in a car seat (at least our carseat) was extremely complicated. LATCH system - non-LATCH system - seatbelts - noodle - rolled up towels. ARG!

I was ready to pull a Britney by the end of it and just hold Madeline on my lap.

So now - in the daylight of a new day and X hundred of dollars later - I think we've finally decided on a new carseat.

(A special shoutout to all my peeps who answered ALL my carseat questions so patiently!!)

4 comments:

starfitch said...

Groovy butterflies, dude! If you thought the carseat was tough, I have one single piece of advice. Do not even think about asking him to install Tot Loks. 10 times worse than a carseat.

Unknown said...

Amen on the tot locks, Jess.

Hope your next kiddo is a girl or else those butterflies might need some mustaches or trucks or something ;)

Stephanie said...

We have the same carseat, but in Cowmooflage and its good, the only complaint I have is the straps get twisted. But its comfy and safe and they can ride it in forever--till like 65 pounds!

Anonymous said...

We didn't actually get the butterflies - I just stole that imagine from the internet! :)