Monday, March 9, 2009

Music to Push by


So as the time draws closer to D-Day, I am doing what many other soon to be moms are doing - nesting, preparing the laundry, buying clothes for the baby (which thanks to the GRANDMAS) I haven't had to do too much of. : ) and preparing my push list. I didn't have music on the first time I was in labour. I had Wheel of Fortune on (why that is so vivid I don't know). But this time around I'd like to try some music. There seems to be two schools of thought on this - soothing, yoga-esque music or workout music. I can see the rational behind both.

For some reason I was thinking of songs I did NOT want to be on the playlist - say like "Big Spender" by Peggy Lee or "London Bridge" by Fergie. Tee heeee...... so what else should NOT be on my playlist?

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Push it....by salt and peppa (is that how you spell her name...I am so not "hip" :)

Let's get physical by Olivia Newton John.

I wanna sex you up by Color Me Bad.

My coworker and I are having a blast w/ this idea!

Anonymous said...

It's raining men - I can remember who sings that!

We are the Champions - Queen

Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani

Hilarious Erin! I say you just watch some more TV.

Kels

Alina Klein said...

My first thought is "Laid" by James. ;)

IUgirl78 said...

I thought of "Push It," too--that would be a good one. :)

As for songs to NOT include, I would say "Let's Get It On" or "(Hit Me) Baby One More Time" might be a tad inappropriate. :)

Emily said...

Okay, so I'm thinking anything Wiggles because they are annoying (and I say this because I DO love the Wiggles, but DO find them annoying); anything Britney Spears because she is trashy and does not give you good mental pictures; Butterfly Kisses because it will make you cry; "Your Body is a Wonderland" could have a good message if it were taken in a different context, but as for labor, I think it would just piss you off; "Beat it" could actually be a good one; but my #1 suggestions I found online (these may be ones you like): Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA,
Nirvana - In utero,
Nirvana - Come as you are.