Monday, November 26, 2007

Pilgrims and Indians

I guess it would be more aptly titled "Pilgrim and Indians" because it was all of Steve's family at our house. Thanksgiving Day started bright and early at our house because I hosted my very first Thanksgiving!! I had been working long and hard in the past weeks coming up with perfect recipes for home made pies and sides and of course - the Turkey!! Steve wanted to cook it upside down so I found a recipe that did it that way, and it was de LI cious!! My favourite dish was a Chocolate Chip Pecan pie that I found a recipe for on accident. We all agreed it was the BEST thing we've ever tasted! (With 2 sticks of butter how could it not be?) Steve was on Madeline duty all morning while I scurried around trying to get the cooking done. We got out the good china and ate in the dining room - and - if I say so myself - my first Thanksgiving was a real success! After dinner everyone pitched in and helped clean up. We then had dessert and played a round of Monopoly (which Steve won of course) and watched the Colts game and played the Wii in the basement. I tuckered out around 11:15 because Steve and I got up at 3:30 the next morning to go out to shop for deals.

We had so much to be thankful for this year. We couldn't be happier. The kitchen after the big meal!
Steve carves up the bird

Sorry Mr. Turkey



Our Yummy Dinner!!













3 comments:

starfitch said...

Good china, oh la la!!

3 freaking 30??? you are CRAZY!!!

Looks like it was wonderful, I'm so impressed you actually got close enough to the bird to take a picture! :-)

Unknown said...

Did YOU touch the bird?! ;)

Everything looks so beautiful...great job, Erin! I hope no one in either family ever wants me to host a Turkey Day...they will be getting PB&Js.

Did you get any deals at 3:30a?!

Emily said...

Looks delish! Congrats on a successful Thanksgiving. We, too, used the good china! It's too fun. We only pull it out for Father's Day and Thanksgiving, so we HAD to use it! Otherwise it just sits and I can't stand that.