Sunday, October 18, 2009

Do not go gentle into that good night


My dearest dearest child,
In 45 minutes you will officially be three. Probably a good mom would let you stay up till then, but we've always been sticklers for an early bedtime. I could sit and write every single thing I love about you - I could wax on about how much you have changed my life for the better and shown me what true love is - - but, by the time you ever read this you will have heard it a thousand times and you won't really appreciate it until you're a Mother yourself.
You are the best parts of me and the best parts of your father. You remind me every day what is really important in life and though, I am often falling short of idillic motherhood, you are always willing to forgive me and let me start afresh.
You are my everything little one. My only daughter - my firstborn - my angel. I would do and will always do anything in my power to keep you safe and happy.
all of my love forever,
Mama

2 comments:

braun brothers said...

Happy third birthday to Madda!

Emily said...

This one made me cry. :(