Thursday, October 9, 2008

My little bookworm

I'd like to share some of the books that Madeline can't get enough of right now. Pat the Bunny is a book I think meant for younger children, but she asks for it by name and follows the directions on every page. I love watching her smell the flowers, especially since the book was mine as a child and I'm pretty sure they don't smell anymore.



Madeline calls this one "Elmo book" even though I tell her every time it's Grover. This is also a book from my childhood and she loves turning the pages in this one to get to the "monster" at the end. She loves exclaiming "ME!" on the last page.


Yet....another book from my childhood. I LOVED this book. It was at my dentist's office and so I only got to read it a few times a year. A little bear is left at home by his parents on Halloween and so he has some of his bear friends over and they all bring popcorn! They decide to pop it and they make so much it fills up the entire house! There is one page that is filled with popcorn and little captions that say "What happened?" "HELP!" "Who turned off the lights?" Which she yells every time we get to that page. The next page is a picture of the kids eating all the popcorn and it says "crunch munch crunch" and then GULP! She loves the GULP!

We read a host of other books, but we read these at least 10 times a day. What books are your kids into right now??

1 comment:

Alina Klein said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe your pat the bunny survived you and now Madda! I've been meaning to order another copy of that to have ready for Coen. We've read our current copy to pieces.

Our current favorite books are "How I became a Pirate", "Epossumondus" by Colleen Salley (his has been a very long-term favorite), "Here's a Little Poem", and a book of Mother Goose nursery rhymes illustrated by Rosemary Wells. Today's big favorite is a new book called "Because a Little Bug Went Katchoo" or something like that.